We believe that all students must always be aspirational about their future pathways, whether this is applying for one of the most competitive courses at a top university, an apprenticeship at a blue-chip company or pursuing further education at a local college.
We offer comprehensive independent advice, support and guidance for students throughout Year 12 and Year 13 to help students fulfil their goals. We often have speakers from a range of local business, univerisities and apprenticeship providers. Students benefit from a range of opportunities:
- Independent careers advice on a 1:1 basis. Students can book up time with our careers advisors via Mrs Fernandes
- Opportunities to attend masterclasses, summer schools, university lectures and more at top univerisities both in the UK and USA
- Links with external organisations such as Spark, mycitylink, SEO Scholars to support students in accessing competitive internships and work placements.
- Futures Days: drop down days in Year 12 and Year 13 to give students guidance on applying to univerisities and apprenticeships
- Expert advice on top universities: 1:1 advice, support for admissions tests, coaching on interview technique etc
- Work experience is offered to all our BTEC students, and other students on request via Mrs Cooper
Above all, students are encouraged to aim high and then supported to achieve.